Arriving at My Internship

First week in Charlottesville, Virginia...

I arrived at my internship the 27th of May, just shortly after my arrival home from my semester abroad. I was certainly sad that I could not spend as much time as I wanted with my family, but I was eagerly awaiting this next chapter of my life. The first week of the internship was surprisingly relaxing. I had the chance to get to know my roommates and other SRIP students, as well as explore the campus and city itself. In comparison to Juniata, the UVA campus is huge, but thankfully the university has a free transportation system. However, It did feel kinda weird working at a University that is vastly different from what I am used to. After not being on Juniata campus last semester, I miss our small community and professors, but I am super grateful for this opportunity at UVA. I am currently awaiting to be cleared to work in the laboratory, so I am crossing my fingers that I am able to start working next week. 🤞

*Pictured above is UVA's famous architecture, The Rotunda, which was designed by Thomas Jefferson.*

Comments

Popular Posts