What I've been doing...

 What I learned so far:

Since the start of my internship, I have learned some new lab techniques. My lab mentor showed me how to perform an enzyme-linked immunoassay, known as an ELISA (pictured below). Additionally, I was able to brush up on some lab techniques I learned at Juniata, such as PCR gel electrophoresis and micro-pipetting. The greatest thing that I have learned is that so many tedious details go into biomedical research. 
At the end of the week, I witnessed the dissection of mice that are going to be used as a part of the research I am conducting. The concept of mice subjects was so new to me, as I have never worked with mice before. It was definitely interesting, and a little unsettling, to experience this aspect of research. 🔬 

Comments

Popular Posts